Century Insurance Group
CENTURY INSURANCE GROUP (a division of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.) employs more than 900 associates in over 20 offices throughout the United States. Meadowbrook operates insurance agencies, a risk management company that provides services to self-insured groups, funds and pools, and operates 6 domestic insurance companies.
Meadowbrook is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing challenging opportunities for our associates and a superior working environment. As Meadowbrook continues to grow, we are constantly on the lookout for bright, talented team players with a dedication and passion for their work.
We offer our associates competitive wages, an excellent benefits package, a friendly, team oriented environment and encourage and reward the professional growth of our associates.
We are currently looking for a Underwriter to join our Westerville, OH branch office.
- The primary function of the Underwriter is to determine acceptability and pricing of business within assigned underwriting authority. Also to manage production of acceptable business from assigned producers.
- Analyze information on new and renewal business in order to accept, price, modify or reject business within delegated underwriting authority level
- Recognize submissions that exceed underwriting authority and refers them on to the appropriate personnel for their review. Prepare the referral package including a complete underwriting analysis and recommendations for risk acceptance or rejection
- Conduct agents/brokers visitations, internal and external, to establish and maintain contacts and develop additional business
- Participate in Agency Underwriting Audits
- Review and analyze communications from other departments and successfully applies that information to underwriting issues within the underwriting department
- Show competency and knowledge of current market trends, conditions and competition in the marketplace
- Respond to regulatory and compliance issues
- Train and mentor Underwriting Assistants as assigned
When working on renewals, must be proficient with COL to provide timely renewal service to agents on the Binding Book
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college course work or degree a preferred
- Two years insurance environmental underwriting or comparable business experience preferred
- Pursuit of CPCU, CIC or other applicable designations preferred but not required
- Must be detail oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to show versatility in multi-line underwriting
- According to their experience level, understands and explains coverages, rules, forms, and basis for pricing decisions to agents/brokers, company personnel, and policy holders as needed or required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must provide excellent service to both external and internal customers
- Proficient in MS Office Software Applications
- Participate as needed in internal or external training
- Sit, stand, walk/ambulatory
- Ability to lift ten pounds