Why Work at Meadowbrook…
Meadowbrook has been repeatedly chosen as one of Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For! We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing challenging opportunities for our associates and a superior working environment.
As Meadowbrook continues to grow, we are constantly on the lookout for bright, talented team players with dedication to and passion for their work.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Meadowbrook team, please search our current career opportunities and submit your resume.
Launch your career with one of Meadowbrook’s trainee programs.
Claim Trainee Program
This is a rigorous program that provides mentorship from senior level staff, a balance of formal course work and self-study, as well as gradual hands on claim handling experience.
During this time you will gain valuable insight into the handling of claims by investigating, evaluating, reserving and settling of actual claims. Upon completion you will be qualified to begin your career with Meadowbrook as a Claim Representative in any of our claims offices.
Underwriter Trainee Program
This is also a rigorous program that will involve some travel to our field offices for hands on mentorship from our underwriting management and senior underwriting staff. There will also be formal course work and self-study.
During this time you will learn multi-line commercial underwriting. Upon completion you should be qualified to begin your career with Meadowbrook as an Underwriter in any of our underwriting offices.
We believe it’s important to invest in our future leadership. Our interns make valuable contributions to the team while gaining hands-on knowledge of the insurance industry.
Meadowbrook interns will:
- Get hands on experience in their department that could involve handling a claim; or underwriting a piece of business from an agent; or attending a work comp court case; etc.
- Be assigned a mentor.
- Attend breakfast with our CEO in a small group and learn about Meadowbrook’s business and place in the industry as well as have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Attend weekly meetings lead by a different department leader each week in a roundtable discussion to learn about what their group does, how it relates to the business of insurance and what that manager’s career path has been.
- Interns will be responsible for one, 15 minute presentation to the intern class to share what their department is responsible for, what projects they are working on, and answer any questions.
- Attend a lunch will all of the senior level management in our Southfield headquarters and have the opportunity to network.
- Attend one off site fun outing for the summer with the intern class!
Meadowbrook offers internships in the following areas:
- Risk Management
- Business Development
- Treasury and Accounting